Creative Courses Refund Policy
- Users are entitled to a full refund (minus 15% admin fee) up to 14 days before the first class is due to run.
What can I do if I am unhappy with my course or experience at Attenborough Arts Centre?
We work hard to make sure that everyone has a great experience at Attenborough Arts Centre, but we know that things can go wrong. If the reason you are requesting a refund is because of a bad experience, please let us know and give us details of what went wrong, when you request your refund.
- We will forward your refund request and feedback to the Customer Services Manager. Each request is considered on an individual basis, the feedback is investigated and you will receive an acknowledgement within 5 days and a full response within 20 days.
- The Customer Services Manager may decide to offer you a full or partial refund, or full or partial credit depending on the circumstances.
- All feedback is greatly appreciated and helps us to make improvements.
What if I am requesting a refund due to a disability/learning difficulty?
If you are requesting a refund because you cannot attend your course due to a circumstance relating to a disability, we will give you a pro-rata refund for any sessions you haven’t attended if you initially paid for a disability concession place and;
- you are unable to participate in or attend your course due to your disability;
- or the nature of your course has adverse implications for you, due to your disability;
- or we are unable to put in place the additional support you need, in order for you to remain on your course.
- If you are unsure whether this applies to you please call us on 0116 252 2455
What if I am requesting a refund due to a bereavement?
If you’ve been affected by the death of a close relative or friend, and don’t feel able to attend your course, we’ll refund you with credit in full.
If you’ve already attended some sessions, we’ll give you a pro-rata refund for the sessions that you were unable to attend.
What if you have cancelled my course or a single session?
We’ll only cancel a course as a last resort, for example if a tutor is unavailable or if we can’t recruit enough students for the course to run. If we do need to cancel your course, and can’t offer a suitable alternative, we’ll refund you in full.
- If we need to cancel a single session of a course, we’ll try and make up for it with a ‘catch-up’ session.
- If we can’t provide a catch-up session, or if you are unable to attend the catch-up session, you’ll be entitled to a refund for the value of the session lost.
- Unfortunately, sometimes we have to cancel for reasons beyond our control and in these situations we cannot accept liability or issue refunds. Examples of this might include industrial action or severe weather.
What if you have changed my course date, time, location or content after I enrolled?
If we need to change the date, time, location or content of a course, after you have enrolled, we will contact you. If you can no longer attend we’ll issue you with a full refund.
- If you have already attended some sessions, we will give you a pro-rata refund for the sessions you were unable to attend.
- We reserve the right to change our tutors and can’t issue a refund due to a change of tutor. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching on all our courses.
What if my refund request is not covered by any of the areas listed above?
If your refund request doesn’t fall within the areas listed above, it’s possible that you’re not eligible for a refund. Your request will be considered on an individual basis and, depending on the circumstances, we’ll decide whether or not we can refund your course fees, either in full, partially or as credit. You will get a full response within three weeks.
Performance Refund Policy
We do not issue refunds for any performances unless due to cancellation where an alternative date is not found