The Trans Post Project is back for 2023! Attenborough Arts Centre invites you to sign up for a free postcard pack and get creative on the theme of Trans Rebels.
Sign up and you will receive four newly designed art cards by Fox Fisher, Black Lodge Press, BLK Moody Boi and Emma Frankland to send to friends or display in your space. Use the blank postcard and activity sheet included to create your own design and contribute to our online community gallery, revealed on Trans Day of Visibility 2023.
This year’s theme is Trans Rebels. Transness resists, transness refuses, transness rebels. Transness makes new ways of living and recovers old ones, remembers oppressions and reshapes the present.
Who are your trans rebel heros? What is the best thing trans and gender-non-conforming people have changed about your world? What everyday rebellions give you strength – from rest and joy to working together. What would give you more? In hostile times, we hope this project will be an opportunity to take power from your own creativity and inspiration from those around you, near and far. Rebellion can feel like a constant part of trans life; a power, a burden, or maybe both. Show us what trans rebellion means to you.
- 4 new postcard art prints by Fox Fisher, Black Lodge Press, BLK Moody Boi and Emma Frankland.
- 1 blank postcard to design yourself!
- An instruction sheet with creative warm up activities and design inspiration.
- Packs will be sent out in plain envelopes. The name you sign up with will appear on the address label.
Who can sign up?
- This project centres trans, nonbinary, gender-non-conforming and questioning people, but anyone living in the UK is welcome to sign up for a pack.
- We unfortunately can’t send postcard packs outside of the UK, but everyone is welcome to contribute a design to the online gallery. Look out for submission details on this page from 1 March.
- Order multiple packs to run a session with your LGBT+ community group. You can make multiple orders of up to 10 packs. For further enquiries, email email@example.com
Sign up here for your free pack!
Workshop with Fox Fisher
We also are hosting an online workshop to support your creativity with artist, author and trans campaigner Fox Fisher.
This online workshop will help to spark ideas for individual postcard designs and explore different ways of creating the images. The final part of the workshop will provide space to work on the designs whilst Trans Post Project curator, Morel O’Sullivan, leads an open Q+A with Fox.
To book your place, click here.
Need inspiration? Explore our Trans Post Project Archives that highlight all the incredible work from our communities in 2021 and 2022.