Pay What You Can
We believe that everyone should be able to access the arts.
For this reason some of our shows and events this year will be ‘Pay What You Can’, meaning that you decide how much you can or want to pay. This expands access to the arts for those who may not have been able to participate otherwise, or gives others the chance to support those who cannot by paying a bit extra.
How much can I pay?
Our tickets typically start at £2 for family shows and £3 for theatre shows, and we have a recommended pricing in the performance description to help you make informed decisions. If you feel you cannot afford our lowest band ticket, please contact us at email@example.com or 0116 252 2455 so we can help were we can.
How does it work?
- Select the performance you want to see on our What’s On.
- If the performance is ‘Pay What You Can’, it will state it in the price section to the left side of the webpage. In the performance description will be the recommended price.
- Click on the ‘Book Tickets’ button.
- Select which price point you want to pay, with the amount of tickets you want.
- Continue with the rest of the booking system.
Each of our ‘Pay What You Can’ events are accompanied by this video to explain the ticketing model through BSL interpretation. This improves our accessibility for d/Deaf communities as well as communities that use BSL.
With thanks to Joanne Harrison for BSL interpretation.
Does it matter how much I pay?
We have this pricing model to help us remove barriers and make the arts accessible to all. You can pay what you like, but if you can pay the recommended price or more it helps us to continue our work and our ability to offer more Pay What You Can tickets for those who use it.